ditch (flertall: ditches)
- (transitivt) Å dumpe eller forlate noe ell. noen.
- Once the sun came out we ditched our rain-gear and started a campfire.
- (intransitivt) å bevisst krasjlande et fly i sjøen.
- When the second engine failed, the pilot was forced to ditch; their last location was just south of the Azores.
- (transitivt) Å kaste noe i en grøft.
- The engine was ditched and turned on its side.
- (transitivt) Å grave en grøft.
- Enclosure led to fuller winter employment in hedging and ditching.
- (transitivt) Å grave grøfter rundt (noe).
- The soldiers ditched the tent to prevent flooding.